Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Visa Problems

Oh, dear.

I had managed to convince myself that the logistics of getting to France were working out in my favor. I had subletted my apartment, sold some of my furniture, packed a couple of bags, and scoped out airfare. I was in contact with the school I've been placed in and everything seemed good.

This morning when I went to the French consulate in downtown Chicago to get my long-stay visa (Note: BAD IDEA to wait until the day before your departure), I had a nasty shock. One of the forms that was mailed to me hadn't been stamped by (??, somebody, probably a French person). The French lady told me this (in French, not English) and denied my visa request.

The only thing I got was the phone number for the project liason, an American woman working at the French Embassy. She rules.

I will get a phone call from her at about 8AM tomorrow. She will tell me whether or not I'm good to go.

Wish me luck, because it's getting *really* sticky...

Matt

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt John! I have no account! Why no LiveJournal? Sigh you make my life difficult. Ok, so I haven't read anything yet- but I'm super excited. Only until May? guess no stop in France on my honeymoon- however it means you can come to the wedding! And of course, plan my bachlorette party:) Guess.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger MJP said...

Sounds like . . . hmm, Orith?

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how ever did you know? PS use my secret name- O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home