Wednesday, October 20, 2004

It's Really Great Here When The Sun Shines

And the sun is shining now. It's beautiful but I'm so very tired because I went to bed too late and got up too early (I haven't had 8AM classes since 1997).

So I'm going to tease a couple of new entries and then sneak home. Did you know, by the way, that French schools close for Wednesday afternoons? The kids have been gone for 3 and a half hours now.

Okay, so coming up: My Big Regional Election Story, My Weekend of Young People, I Saw Sleepy Hollow, Things I Have Seen In The Supermarkets, and Hey, A Snail.

May the Force be with you!

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wednesday? Why only Wednesday? If I were Thursday, Monday, or, God forbid, Tuesday, I think that I would write to my local representative and complain. Days of the week unite!

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, you bought that crap? You are so fired. Kids in France tell their ignorant American teachers this, so that they can descend on the streets to sniff booze and drink cocaine right from the bottle. It's a great tradition-- enjoy your strung-out class of giggling crack-whores on Thursday. They certainly will.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean... they actually give their students time off, and society hasn't collapsed?

Do I understand you in saying they're directly violating the Sacred Patriotic American Principle of "Churn 'em, burn 'em, and cast 'em aside when they're all burned out and have pre-senile dementia" and they are still able to feed their young? Man, with a secret like that, it's no wonder President Brain-was-replaced-with-styrofoam-peanuts wants to deny the existence of the country by eating 'freedom fries.'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home