Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What Am I Playing At?

Today marks six months to the day since I arrived back in the United States. In that time I have gotten a job, gotten an apartment, and kept things solid with my best girl, who helped me celebrate our third anniversary last week.

But my time in France is so precious to me, and I'm not doing the things I want to do to keep it fresh for myself. I'm not telling stories, and I'm not sorting through all those artifacts and trinkets I brought back with me. I'm not keeping in touch with the people I met out there.

Quel idiot!

We got the first snow of the year today. It's time to take a cue from the seasons and make some changes.

Your homework, dear reader:
1.) Identify that one thing you've been putting off, or the thing you've been meaning to do, or remember that person you should've called back

2.) Get to it. Do it, and not half-ass.

3.) After, figure out if you feel different, or better, or what. Post it in the comments!

12 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evidently I've been meaning to post spam on your blog, and now I finally did it, and I feel much better.

Now get hit by a bus.

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid that the "one thing I've been putting off" would, at this point, qualify as rape.

Call me half-assed if you will.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, I hate you.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Julie said...

So, have you kept in touch now?

The only things I've done have been things with deadlines...papers, presentations, etc. I'll work on doing them before the last minute next year.

I did do one thing I've been meaning to do since forever TWICE in the past week: said FUCK IT to my responsibilities and had time to myself. I'm blowing off an optional take-home final tonight because I: a) got an A on the first midterm; and b) have been obnoxiously stressed out all semester and really just need to not think about school for a day or two.

This bottle of wine is helping, but it's gone now. Good thing I have beer!

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, did I ever mention that I hate you?

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, I'M DAISY.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Julie said...

SENATOR ASSFACE:

THE COUNCIL REQUESTS THAT YOU POST IN YOUR GODDAMNED BLOG

OR I WILL HAVE TO POST COCK EUPHEMISMS DAILY

WANG

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, no kidding.

I hope the "thing that Matt's been putting off" wasn't "make another post to his blog."

Because if it is, he hasn't been doing a good job of not half-assing it.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Julie said...

oh hell, I forgot yesterday, so it's a two-for.

TROUSER SNAKE

SLIM JIM

If immaturity and wang posts don't goad him into posting, I don't know what will.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger MJP said...

Yeah, this guy's a jerk, right?

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I RULE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home