Monday, December 06, 2004

Make My Phone Ring

First you dial the International Dialling Code: 011

Then you dial the Country Code: 33

Then you dial the Secret Code Number Which Maketh the Red Batphone Ring: 2 43 06 63 46

And that, my friends, is how we do that.

And since I am aware of the fact that international dialling is hardcore possibly expensive stuff, I only ask you to call and say two things to me:

1) Which of our 50 fair states should be annihilated - not just tossed from the Union in disgrace but tossed then vaporized by a medium item such as a laser cannon?

And, since it would be a total pain to redesign our flag for 49 stars ...

2) What nation, disputed territory, person, monument, geopolitical feature, philosophical movement, or major feature film should be tapped to take the vaporized state's place?

So, for example, you could call me and say "Ohio, Puerto Rico" or "Oregon, Nihilism" or whatever. Be creative. It'll only cost you a nickel and it will make my day happy and/or interesting. You don't even have to identify yourself! Such fun!

I should add that you don't even have to know me in order to participate. If you out there in internet-land want to play along, well, be my guest!

I will post responses as comments, so keep checking this space.

5 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll call you later anyway, but in the meantime...

1)Ohio. It is filled with vulturous policemen and adds an extra 6 hours to my drive to Maryland.

2)Canada. Let's just make it official.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nebraska! It's just gotta go. And add Norway, please.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any state in red, please.

They should be replaced by the moon. And the gout.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger MJP said...

First Phoned-In Response: Mississippi, Jason's Mom

Thanks to The South!

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suck it!

(much better)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home