Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Brought Them Snow - Behold, I Am the SnowMaker

When I got here, I was disappointed to discover that snow in this area is rare. I am a devotee of throwing snow, of rolling around in it, of burying friends and foes alike under deep drifts and proclaiming victory. I grew up with snow. Some of my best friends are snow.

You get the picture.

Today I brought these folks snow. I imagine it must be my fault - if I have come from Chicago, I think the snow has followed. It was fun to see the little French hurling snow at each other, and they weren't half bad for a culture that has no sports that depend on chucking stuff at/toward other people.

Furthermore, there was a snowman. A group of about 20 built this sucker up, adorned it with a jacket, a hat, really good eyes made from rocks, and even one dedicated student's shoes.

Points for the French, then. There's a ton more going on these days, but I've been squeezing myself out of sleep lately so I'm going to delay all that. This is more an I'm-not-dead entry than anything else. Carry on!

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MattPo's - the SnowMaker!

(thank you for making me think about Mentos, assbag.)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger MJP said...

I hate to pee on your parade, but if you could connect what I said with Mentos, you must have had some sort of weirdo Mentos thing going on in your diseased little head from the beginning.

Sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home