Monday, August 21, 2006

It's Happened to All of Us

"Our love is all of God's money"

-Wilco, "Jesus, Etc."

I talked to my ex for the first time in a while yesterday. We were on the phone for about two hours, and of course one expects it to be nasty and punishing, etc. One expects her to have forgotten all about you and to have taken up with some asshole plastic surgeon or something.

But it wasn't horrible. I got to tell her how very much I love her and how much our 3 1/2 years mean to me. That part felt good, and I think she needed to hear it from me. And of course I haven't asked her for my stuff back yet, which means that I know we'll talk again.

She was such a big part of my life for such a long time, and to me she is still just as special as it is possible to be special. But she's going away from me.

Oh, heart, shut the hell up. Everybody's been here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home