Monday, October 16, 2006

I Am Confuzzled

I've been in California a few days now, and my brain doesn't get it. Why isn't it cold? Where did the palm trees come from? What is this bit with neighborhoods blending into one another instead of changing abruptly?

Where is Chicago?

About a week ago, I had basically decided I was going to move to San Francisco for a few months to help my company out while one of my colleagues was on leave. Do I have time to move my stuff? Where would I move it? Should I sublet? What about my social life? All of these questions remain unanswered. I shipped over my rollerblades, packed some clothes, and got on the airplane.

At O'Hare, I sat in Wolfgang Puck's Express eating my spicy chicken pizza and dividing my attention between closed-captioned CNN and closed-captioned The Contender when all the sudden leaving welled up and smacked me a good one right between the shoulder blades. Boys don't cry, mind you, so I called Mom & Dad instead, and lucky for me my Dad talked me down a bit. But it is hard to pack up and leave so suddenly. There's a lot to feel homesick for.

So I'm confuzzled - culture shocked plus lonely. Strangely enough, I can't wait to get back to work. It'll keep me so busy that I'll be in my comfort zone by about 8:15 tomorrow morning.

So what did I do this weekend? I explored, and took terrible photographs! And I got a haircut, and visited the Pirate Store. There is one in Wicker Park in Chicago - 1331 Milwaukee, as I hear it. While I was there, I bought an awesome piratey item. Unfortunately, I did not get mopped.

Maybe that's why I feel weird tonight - I didn't get mopped. Damn it.

PS. HAIRCUT IS SEXAY OHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHH

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Yeah, the palm trees are a little off-putting at first, aren't they?

A. Beer
B. Buy more piratey stuff (seriously, ONE item? ass.)
C. Post terrible pictures somewhere

 

Post a Comment

<< Home