Sunday, October 22, 2006

I Am One of the Luckier Ones

The last week has been very busy - I've been holding down Chicago as well as learning the ropes in San Francisco. I have been working too many hours, and I'm not sure I've been a good friend to myself in doing that. There's certainly enough work to fill all that time, though, so I'm still not sure where I come down on that one.

Today I moved from the hotel to the corporate housing. OHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH. It's actually much nicer than I thought it would be. So score there. And I've got my rollerblades back. So score there. And it was 82 degrees and I had a day of complete freedom in California. So score there.

When I tally up some of the major events that have taken place since I got into the Real (and, I had expected, Boring) World, I really have to laugh like a maniac. Or an idiot. Whichever way I'm laughing, it's because of the great and unexpected fortune I've had. Have I somehow forgotten opening a fortune cookie that read "YOU WILL TRAVEL TO A MULTITUDE OF LOCATIONS AND LIVE THERE FOR A WHILE / LUCKY NUMBER 4 8 15 16 23 42"? Adventure keeps dropping into my life, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I guess the only dismaying thing that happened today was when Glen called. What a jerk.

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're one of the lucky ones?

That's sad.

Because as we all know... the lucky ones die first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home