Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I live... again!

I suppose I think I'm so clever, not writing anything in my blog (henceforth referred to as my "blog") for months and months. I suppose I think that people are all sitting about their dens in their smoking-jackets, stroking their chins absently as they wonder whatever became of that smashing chap Matthew, and his continuing adventures. I suppose I think that concerned groups of fans are even now retracing my last posts just as a jury now follows the path to the spot where Diana Spencer's car crumpled to a rest.

Well, I'm here to set myself straight. None of these things are happening.

These things, however, are:

  • I have joined a flag football league. It is mostly gay men, which kind of freaked me out at first (have I ever been a minority in my life? I don't count American-living-in-France). The guys don't give me too much flak for being straight. I have settled at quarterback, and I really love it. So far I am throwing more touchdowns than interceptions, so woo hoo! This makes me wonder how I would have done if I'd joined the football team in high school.

  • I have joined the local gym. I am eating much better than I used to. I am running probably five days out of seven. I have a bit more energy than I used to. It makes me feel stronger and faster.

  • Cathy is posting enormous amounts of Japan to my "blog".

  • I am itching to begin something else with my life, something more useful, something I'm more interested in doing long-term. Start with grad school, maybe? Or possibly a service organization. Something that matters to the world, though.

  • If all goes well, I'll be attending the Packers-Redskins game at Lambeau this weekend.

  • I noticed tonight that I enjoy pop songs that build themselves up at the end. Radiohead's Let Down, Weezer's Only In Dreams, and the troublesome twosome of Fake Empire and Mistaken For Strangers by The National all exhibit this ass-kicking quality. Download, all ye faithful.



I need a mission in life. Doesn't that sound like a good thing to have?

3 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

>This makes me wonder how I would have done if I'd joined the football team in high school.

You would have done great, except for the part where you're reaching for the non-existent flag in the opposing team's pants, and they tear you in half because you're playing TACKLE football with a bunch of straight and seriously repressed men. Don't forget your pixie dust, Sally.

>I have joined the local gym. I am eating much better than I used to.

You just want to use the 35 pound strapon for pull-ups and dips. Well, can't blame you, who wouldn't??

>If all goes well, I'll be attending the Packers-Redskins game at Lambeau this weekend.

Don't forget your flag! Maybe they'll let you play, Ninny!!!

>Or possibly a service organization. Something that matters to the world, though.

Dude, you know your time is going to be completely monopolized by the writing/starring/producing/fallout of Mexi-Pope and the as yet unnamed Hawking/Keller project. Which matters more than the stupid world.

PS I'm making the production team shirts that say "Taco-flavored Catholic". The Hispanic vote is ours!!!!!!

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This makes me wonder how I would have done if I'd joined the football team in high school."

No, Glen, you've got it wrong...

"joined the football team" is just his euphemism for "became a gay male stripper/prostitute in a third-world country."

I'll let you figure out what the rest of the post means, because it's too graphic for me to bear recounting it...

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger MJP said...

On the football topic, you jerks, I should let you know that we lost really badly this week.

You guys suck, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home